- It's possible to see the main list of blocked contacts for your Phone app, and you can also access your blocked contacts for FaceTime , Messages , and Mail .
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Whether you're tired of getting spam calls from a number you don't recognize, or you need to finally separate yourself from your ex and move on (just do it already!), the iPhone's blocking feature can seriously come in handy.
It allows you to block people you don't have in your contacts list based on their phone number or email address, as well as blocking contacts whose information you've already stored.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to see the blocked contacts on your iPhone for the Phone app
1. On your iPhone's home screen, tap the Settings menu to open it.
2. Scroll down and tap "Phone."
You can also see your blocked contacts within different apps and contact functions. Here's how for FaceTime, Messages, and Mail.
How to see blocked contacts on your iPhone for FaceTime
1. Tap Settings on your phone's home screen, then scroll down and tap FaceTime.
2. Under the "Calls" menu, tap "Blocked Contacts" to see the list.
How to see blocked contacts on your iPhone for Messages
1. Open the Settings app via the icon on your phone's home screen, then scroll down and tap "Messages."
2. Look for the "Block Contacts" option under the SMS/MMS menu and tap it to see your list.
How to see blocked contacts on your iPhone for Mail
1. Open the Settings app by tapping the icon on your iPhone's home screen.
2. Tap "Mail," then scroll down to the Threading section and tap "Blocked" to see your list of blocked email contacts.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to stop robocalls and other spam calls from reaching your iPhone
- Here's what happens when you block someone's number on your iPhone
- How to hide your caller ID on an iPhone in 3 ways, either temporarily or permanently
- How to block private callers from reaching your iPhone in 2 ways
- How to delete your frequently visited Safari sites on a Mac computer in 2 different ways
- How to send money on PayPal using the mobile app or website
- How to save audio messages on your iPhone and change your settings so audio messages stop deleting after 2 minutes