- You can search the history on your iPhone in the Safari or Google Chrome browsers with these steps.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The search history on your iPhone's web browser can be helpful in taking you back to a site you want to see again, but scrolling through the whole list can be time consuming and annoying.
Luckily, there's a search tool to help you get back to websites you may have visited a while ago without going through the trouble of trying to remember the date you visited it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to search the history on your iPhone in Safari
1. Open the Safari app.
2. Tap the book icon at the bottom of your screen. It is the second icon from the right. This will bring up your search history.
3. Pull down on this History menu to reveal a bar at the top labeled "Search History" with a magnifying glass to the left of it.
4. Tap the search bar you just revealed to bring up the keypad, and type your search query. The query doesn't have to be exact to bring up results.
5. The result you are looking for should appear. Tap it to return to the website you visited.
How to search history on your iPhone in Google Chrome
1. Open the Google Chrome app.
2. Tap the three dots in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. This will bring up an options menu.
3. Tap "History," which is the second to last option on the list of items in blue. The icon looks like a clock with an arrow around the outside pointing counterclockwise.
4. On the new History page, tap the search bar at the top to bring up your keyboard.
5. Type your search query into the search bar.
6. Tap the name of the site you were looking for. This will bring you back to the page.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to close all of the open tabs on your iPhone's Safari browser at once
- How to stop pop-ups from appearing on your iPhone's Safari browser
- How to add bookmarks and favorites on an iPhone's Safari browser for quick access to your preferred webpages
- How to clear the Safari search history on your iPhone in three different ways
- 'How do I stop my iPhone from listening to me?': How to change your microphone settings so that your iPhone can't hear your voice
- How to enable LED flash notifications on your iPhone, for visual notifications using Accessibility features
- How to rename photo albums on an iPhone to keep your Photos app organized