- To request money from someone on Facebook , you first have to start a conversation with the person using Facebook Messenger .
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Have you ever covered a friend's expenses like a good pal, but had trouble getting them to pay you back?
Fortunately, Facebook Messenger has a handy tool that lets you request money from your friend directly, so you don't have to beat around the bush anymore.
Here's how to request money on Facebook .
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to request money on Facebook using Facebook Messenger
- If you are having trouble finding your previous conversation, or have never contacted them on Facebook Messenger before, you can start a new conversation by tapping the pencil icon in the upper-right corner of your screen and typing in the person's name.
2. Once you have the conversation open in Messenger, tap the icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen that resembles four dots arranged in a square shape.
3. A pop-up menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap on "Pay or Request."
4. Type in the amount of money you want to request. You can also include a note. Once you've filled out the pertinent information, tap "Request."
Your payment request will now appear in your conversation with the person who you requested money from. However, your payment request will expire after seven days, and you can't control whether or not the person will actually respond to your request.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to save a video from Facebook Messenger on your iPhone or Android phone
- How to recover your deleted Facebook messages in 3 ways, and backup your current messages so you won't lose them
- How to archive conversations on Facebook Messenger, and view your archived messages
- How to log out of Facebook Messenger on an iPhone, through Facebook's desktop site or mobile apps
- How to delete all of your Facebook messages at once, using a Google Chrome browser extension
NOW WATCH: How autopilot on an airplane works
- How to find your friends' birthdays on Facebook using your computer or mobile phone
- How to make a Skype call on your computer or mobile device, or start a group call
- How to connect your Spotify account to Facebook using a computer or mobile device
SEE ALSO: I tested the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus for 2 months, and it made me question everything about my 'iPhone or nothing' mentality