- You'll need to have at least one valid payment method attached to your PayPal account at all times, be it a credit or debit card, or a bank account.
- You can remove a card from your PayPal account through the PayPal website.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
PayPal makes buying and selling things online easy and secure. Once you sign up for an account, you simply connect a credit or debit card (or a bank account), and you're able to send payments to any merchant that accepts PayPal.
If you happen to change banks, your old debit card expires, or you simply don't want to use one of the cards on your PayPal account, you can remove it easily, so that it no longer appears as an option when making a purchase.
It should be noted that you need to have at least one payment method active at all times, so if you're trying to remove your last card, you'll need to add another card or bank account first.
If you don't want anything to do with PayPal anymore, you might want to delete your account check out our article " How to delete your PayPal account on your Mac or PC " for information on that.
How to remove a card from your PayPal account
1. Go to the PayPal website and log into your account using your email address and password.
2. On your home screen, click "Wallet" in the menu bar running along the top of the screen.
3. From the list of payment options in the menu on the left side of your screen, click on the card you want to remove.
4. A menu with your card information will appear. Scroll down and click "Remove card" at the bottom of the menu.
5. In the pop-up which appears, click "Remove card" again to confirm that you want to delete the card from your PayPal account.
You can re-add your cards at any time in the future, should you change your mind.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to print a shipping label on PayPal to ship items you've sold online
- How to send money on PayPal using the mobile app or website
- How to send an invoice on PayPal to remind your clients to pay you
- 'What is PayPal Credit?': How to use PayPal's line of credit to pay off online purchases over time
- How to add money to your PayPal account, so you can transfer money or pay bills immediately
- How to add your PayPal account to Apple Pay, so you can make purchases with an iPhone or Apple Watch
- How to turn off 'tablet mode' on your Windows 10 device in 5 simple steps
- How to delete photo albums from your Samsung Galaxy S10 in 4 simple steps, to get rid of many photos at once
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget