- When you add line breaks in your bio, it keeps your emoticons, text, and more aligned and uncluttered, increasing readability.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Instagram has been a pioneer in social media, but some features are still in the stone age of mobile apps.
That includes formatting for text-heavy parts of your profile, including captions and your bio. Many users try to find tricks to adding extra space to their Instagram bios, including using symbols to break up space. But that can clutter your bio, making it difficult to read.
There are better workarounds for putting spaces in your Instagram bio. Here are two for when you're on the mobile and the desktop site.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to put spaces in your Instagram bio on the mobile app
1. Open your phone's notes app and type out your bio, with the line-breaks you want to include.
2. Select the text and tap "Copy."
3. Open the Instagram app.
4. Tap your profile icon in the bottom menu.
5. Choose "Edit Profile."
6. Tap into the "Bio" section and delete any existing text that you don't want to keep in your bio.
7. Long-tap in the "Bio" field and select "Paste."
8. Delete the period at the end of the last word preceding each line break.
9. Hit "Done" twice, as prompted.
How to put spaces in your Instagram bio on the desktop site
1. Go to Instagram.com.
2. Select your profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen
3. Select "Edit Profile"
4. Under the "Bio" section, add your desired bio text and include a period or another punctuation mark on each line with a break.
5. Hit "Submit."
Related coverage from Tech Reference :
- How to edit your Instagram bio on desktop or mobile
- How to change the font on your Instagram bio with a third-party app
- How to put a link in your Instagram bio on desktop or mobile
- How to add a location to your Instagram business page's bio
- How to make your Instagram public using your phone or computer, so anyone can see your photos and stories
- How to cancel a Twitch subscription on a computer or mobile device
- How to insert emoji in Microsoft Outlook messages and make your emails more expressive
- How to link an Amazon Prime subscription to your Twitch account, and gain access to exclusive Twitch Prime features
SEE ALSO: The best budget smartphones