- After you've added a photo or video to your Instagram story, swipe up on the screen and select "Music" to add a particular song and its lyrics, which you can customize the display of.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Since 2016, Instagram has allowed users the option to create Instagram stories and share them for 24 hours with followers, similar to Snapchat. Instagram stories also allow users to create polls and share music from various platforms, such as SoundCloud and Spotify .
However, earlier this year, Instagram announced that users can now add the lyrics to their favorite songs to their Instagram story as well. Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to put lyrics on your Instagram story
2. On the home screen of Instagram, click your profile picture in the top-left corner to add (or create) an Instagram story.
3. Add a picture (or video) you want to feature with the music lyrics.
4. Before you publish the story, swipe up and select "Music." If you do not see it on your screen, tap on the search bar and type "Music."
5. Select a song you wish to add the lyrics from to your Instagram story. You can scroll through the songs suggested to you, or tap the search bar and search for a song.
6. After you select the song, choose a snippet of the song and the corresponding lyrics will appear. You can feature up to 15 seconds of the song and the lyrics from the timestamp will appear on the screen.
- For songs that have lyrics available, you'll have four different lyric-formatting options to choose from by tapping any of the available "A" icons.
7. After you select the snippet of the song, press "Done" in the top right-hand corner of the screen and proceed to position or resize the lyrics as you'd like, then upload the story.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to put music on your Instagram Story and customize it
- 'What is my Instagram URL?': How to find your Instagram URL using a computer or mobile device
- How to save Instagram videos to your iPhone or Android phone
- How to put a song on repeat on your iPhone in Apple Music or Spotify
- How to unlink a Spotify account from your PS4 in 2 different ways
- How to change your profile picture on Instagram using the mobile app or website
- How to put a link in your Instagram bio on desktop or mobile
- How to easily change your email address on Instagram on desktop or mobile
SEE ALSO: The best budget laptops