- Private stories on Snapchat allow you to take more control over who sees your content, and creating them is an easy process though it does differ slightly from the usual Snap-sending process.
- Here's how to make a private story on Snapchat , using either an iPhone or Android phone, and what happens after you post it.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Social media has a way of mixing up our social groups in a way that isn't always ideal. For example, you may not want to show the same side of yourself to a coworker that you would your lifelong best friend.
Luckily, Snapchat lets you control who sees what.
On Snapchat you can create private stories. That way, only the people you want to see a certain story will be aware that it exists.
Here's what you need to know to create a private story on Snapchat , and what happens after you send it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to make a private story on Snapchat
Creating a private Snapchat story is pretty easy, but it does differ from the typical process of sending a Snap in a few key ways.
Here's how to make a private Snapchat story:
1. Open the Snapchat app and log in, if necessary.
2. Tap your profile icon (or bitmoji, or story thumbnail) in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Select the button that says "+ Private Story" or "+ Custom Story" in the "Stories" section. Snapchat may ask you to confirm that you want to make a private story just tap "Private Story" again.
4. Tap each recipient you want to be able to see your private story.
5. Take your photo or video, edit and add stickers or tags, as desired.
6. Hit the send button (it's the paper airplane icon).
Whoever you specify during the posting process will be able to see your public and private stories. Android users will see them separately, while iPhone users will see them mixed together.
And, of course, people who don't make the send list won't know either way that you've created private stories.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to see your friends list on Snapchat on an iPhone or Android phone
- How to enable and use Snapchat filters and lenses on an iPhone or Android phone
- How to delete or deactivate your Snapchat account, which you can only do from a desktop browser
- How to delete or block friends on Snapchat on an iPhone or Android
- How to reactivate your Instagram account if you've temporarily disabled it
- How to put music on your Instagram Story and customize it
- How to make Alexa work on your iPhone, and use it with or without an Amazon Echo
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget