- Making the change on your Mac is easy to do, and you can establish a keyboard shortcut for more frequent use.
Whether you're looking to get a change of scenery or help you focus more on what's on your screen, inverting the colors on your Mac can be a useful tool.
And while your Mac doesn't come with an automatic shortcut to access this feature, it can be easily done by going through your computer's System Preferences, and you can also set up a keyboard shortcut if it's something you want to use on a regular basis.
Here's what you need to know, in either case.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to invert the colors on a Mac
You can invert the colors on your Mac easily through its System Preferences. Here's how to do it:
1. Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen, then choose "System Preferences."
2. Click "Accessibility."
3. Toggle down to "Display" (in the left sidebar) and select "Invert colors."
From that screen, you'll also be able to do things like turn on grayscale, increase contrast, reduce transparency, and change the display contrast and cursor size.
Setting up keyboard shortcuts to invert the colors on a Mac
You can opt to turn on a keyboard shortcut that allows you to invert colors more easily. Here's how to rig the shortcut:
1. Go back into your System Preferences (located in the Apple menu at the top of your screen).
2. Select "Keyboard," toggle over to "Shortcuts" (at the top) and then click "Accessibility" in the left sidebar.
3. Check the box next to "Invert colors" and use the command listed next to that (or create your own by clicking the shortcut) to invert colors on demand.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to clear the cache on your Mac computer to make it run more efficiently
- How to uninstall apps on a Mac computer in three different ways
- How to manually update your Mac computer (when you've been putting off automatic updates)
- How to change your Mac computer's password, or reset it if you've forgotten it
- How to start your Mac computer in 'Safe Mode,' to diagnose problems and track down troublesome programs
- How to block pop-ups on a Mac computer's Safari browser, and avoid fraudulent websites
- How to add websites to your Favorites list on a Mac's Safari browser, making them easily accessible at any moment
SEE ALSO: The best budget laptops you can buy