- A basic Cash App account has a weekly $250 sending limit and a monthly $1,000 receiving limit.
- If you go through a verification process, your account can be upgraded to a send limit of $7,500 per week and an unlimited receiving limit.
- Increasing your Cash App limit requires you to submit your full legal name, the last four numbers of your social security number, and your date of birth.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Cash App makes sending and receiving money super easy, but in the scheme of things a basic Cash App account doesn't let you pay out or receive enough money to be of much consequence.
Sure, $250 is a decent amount of change, but that's also the maximum you can send per week without verifying your account, and as for receiving money, you're limited to $1,000 a month without verification.
So, the Cash App isn't exactly going to serve as a way for, say, a gig economy worker to receive their pay, unless they verify their account.
How to increase your Cash App limit
If you want to upgrade your basic, non-verified Cash App account and increase your limits, you can easily do so in the app.
To increase your Cash App limit, just try to surpass it.
When you try to send more than $250 in a week or receive payments of more than $1,000, the app will automatically prompt you to enter the information needed to verify your account; this will likely include your full legal name, the last four numbers of your social security number, and your date of birth.
After you apply for verification, Cash App should award you greater transaction limits. According to the company's terms of service, verified users can send up to $7,500 per week and receive an unlimited amount.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to change your Cash App PIN on an Android or iPhone
- How to unlink and delete your Cash App account on your iPhone
- 'Can you send money from PayPal to Cash App?': Not directly, but you can use your bank account here's how
- How to receive money on Venmo and transfer funds to a connected bank account
- How to set up a PayPal Business account, to accept multiple payment options from customers and integrate with websites
- How to find your Cash App routing number and set up direct deposit for your account
- How to add a debit card to your Cash App account so you can send and receive money through it
- How to cancel a Cash App payment or request a refund