- On a PC, you can make Google Chrome go full screen with a keyboard command, or by selecting it from your options.
- On a Mac, you can select it from your options, use a keyboard command, or click the "expand window" button that's included with most apps.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Google Chrome's full screen mode allows users to eliminate distractions while browsing the internet hiding all other programs.
It also hides the dock or taskbar at the bottom of your screen, meaning that you can't open other programs either.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to go full screen in Google Chrome on a PC
1. Launch Google Chrome.
2. You now have two options. The easiest is to press F11 on your keyboard this will immediately make Google Chrome go full screen.
3. You can also click the three vertical dots in the top-right of your Chrome window, and then click the button that looks like an empty square it's right next to the "Zoom" option.
To exit full screen mode, either hit F11 or click that empty square again.
How to go full screen in Google Chrome on a Mac
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Much like on a PC, you can click the three vertical dots in the top-right, and then click the option that looks like an empty square. It'll be next to the "Zoom" option.
3. You can also click the small green dot at the very top-left of the Chrome window. This button is available in most Mac applications, and will make your apps take up the entire screen.
To exit full screen, click the empty square or green dot again. You may need to hold your mouse at the top of the screen for a moment to make the green dot appear again.
4. You can also use the keyboard command Control + Command + F to enter and exit full-screen mode.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to change the font in Google Chrome and adjust the size or appearance of text in your browser
- How to add bookmarks in Google Chrome on desktop or mobile
- How to stop pop-ups in Google Chrome by turning on the browser's built-in blocker
- How to change your homepage on a Google Chrome browser for Mac or PC
- How to change your Google Chrome autofill settings, and edit saved addresses or payment information
NOW WATCH: Why it's so hard for planes to land on water
- How to make international calls with Google Voice on your smartphone, tablet, or computer
- How to share an Apple Music playlist on your computer or mobile device
- 'How do Amazon pre-orders work?': How to pre-order applicable items on Amazon