- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
And while it isn't necessarily required that you enable it in order to use Safari , it's something that you'll probably want to do. Otherwise, many websites you visit will look strange, or even broken.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1. Open Safari (it's the compass icon that, by default, lives in your bottom toolbar).
2. In the top toolbar, select "Safari."
3. In the dropdown menu, click "Preferences."
4. Toggle over to the "Security" tab.
Once you've done that, you can close out the "Preferences" window, and you're good to go.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to enable Adobe Flash Player on a Mac computer using Safari
- How to block pop-ups on a Mac computer's Safari browser, and avoid fraudulent websites
- How to add websites to your Favorites list on a Mac's Safari browser, making them easily accessible at any moment
- How to save and delete webpages on the Reading List in your Mac computer's Safari browser
- 'How much is Apple TV+?': A guide to Apple's new video-streaming service with ad-free, original content
- 'How much is the Apple Pencil?': A breakdown of Apple's advanced iPad styluses, including their prices and which iPads each works with
- 'What is the Apple Research app?': What you need to know about Apple's upcoming health-research program for Apple Watch users
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget