- The Instagram Help Center can be accessed via the iPhone and Android apps, or through the desktop website, and has answers to most questions a user will have.
- You can also report specific issues, such as a potential copyright violation or a hacked account, through Instagram's reporting feature, which is more likely to earn a response.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
At the time of this writing, Instagram has more than one billion active users every month. Assuming the number were exactly one billion, and that every user only reached out to Instagram for help once per year, that would still mean 2,739,726 inquiries per day.
So it's not that surprising that Instagram doesn't have a customer support team ready to actively engage with users; that would require an army.
They do have a direct phone number and email their contact phone number is (650) 543-4800, and their contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org but it's unlikely you'll get a human response through these channels.
Instead, Instagram offers a robust help center that can help answer most questions, and they make it easy for you to report issues with content you see on the site.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to get Instagram support through the app
1. Open the app and then tap your icon in the bottom-right corner.
2. Tap the parallel bars in the top-right corner.
3. Tap "Settings" at the bottom of the menu.
4. Tap "Help" on the next screen.
5. Select "Help Center," and from there you can browse by topic, narrowing in on the issue at hand.
How to get Instagram support through the website
You can navigate through most of the same steps as above via your Instagram account on a computer, but the fastest way to get to the help center is simply entering https://help.instagram.com into your navigation bar.
From there, you can search for your answer.
How to report an issue to Instagram
If you see a post you think breaks the rules, be it spam or inappropriate, just tap the three little dots at the top right of the post, hit "Report," and then select the reason.
You can also report issues through the Help Center. The best way to get active support from Instagram is to report a specific issue, but make sure you have a legitimate grievance before taking these steps.
1. Go to the Help Center as described above.
2. Click "Privacy and Safety Center" on the left-hand menu.
3. Click "Report Something" on the left-hand menu.
4. Select the type of issue, then follow the steps Instagram lays out to report the issue.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to delete your Instagram account on an iPhone, or temporarily disable it
- How to delete or archive Instagram posts from your account
- How to make your Instagram private and hide your account from everyone except the followers you approve
- How to delete a comment on Instagram from your computer or mobile device
NOW WATCH: 5 things wrong with Apple's lightning cable
- How to delete Instagram private messages, by deleting a conversation or unsending a message
- How to block or unblock someone on Snapchat, and what happens when you do block someone
- How to save Instagram videos to your iPhone or Android phone