- You can only clear your recently played music list using the desktop app; the feature isn't available inthe Spotify mobile app.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Like most websites and apps, Spotify keeps tabs on your activity while using the platform, and compiles your recently played tracks into one section.
That being said, you might need to clear your recently played list if you don't want someone else using your account and seeing the music you listen to, or maybe you simply want to reorganize your Spotify account.
It's important to note that you can only clear your recently played list on the desktop version of Spotify , as the feature was recently removed from the mobile version. And even if you clear your recently played on your computer, it won't be cleared on your iPhone or Android device.
Here's how to clear your recently played on Spotify using your computer.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to clear your "Recently Played" list on Spotify
2. On the left hand side of your screen, click on the "Recently Played" tab.
3. In the "Recently Played" section, look through the content you recently listened to and find the song, album, playlist, or podcast that you'd like to delete. Hover your cursor over the cover and click the "..." icon, or right-click on the cover.
4. Click "Remove from Recently Played."
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to make a Spotify playlist on desktop or mobile, and organize your favorite music
- How to change your Spotify username by connecting your account to Facebook, on desktop or mobile
- How to connect your Spotify account to Facebook using a computer or mobile device
- How to change a playlist's cover art in the Spotify app for iPhone, or add a custom image
- How to connect Spotify to your Google Home, and control your music with voice commands
NOW WATCH: Why it's so hard for planes to land on water
- How to change your Spotify payment plan or payment method by changing your account settings
- How to download music from Spotify and listen to your favorite songs without an internet connection
- How to turn on shuffle on Spotify, using either your computer or phone
SEE ALSO: The best MacBooks you can buy