- If you've lost or forgotten your Epic Games password, try to log into the Epic Games website and choose "Forgot Your Password," then follow the instructions.
- Be sure that your new password is strong and unique.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories .
Epic Games is a popular game developer and distributor, perhaps best known for the massive hit Fortnite.
To play any titles published by Epic Games or sold on the Epic Games Store, you'll need to have an account. And if you need to change the password on your Epic Games account, you can do that through any browser on your Mac or PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your Epic Games password
1. In any web browser on your Mac or PC, open the Epic Games website .
2. Hover the mouse over your account avatar at the top-right of the screen and, in the drop-down menu, click "Account."
3. In the navigation pane on the left, click "Password & Security."
4. Enter your current password and then type a new password. In the "Retype New Password" field, confirm your new password. Then click "Save Changes."
How to reset your Epic Games password if you've forgotten it
If you don't know your current password, you can easily reset it.
1. In any web browser, open the Epic Games webpage .
2. At the top-right of the screen, click "Sign in."
3. Click "Sign in with Epic Games."
4. On the sign in page, click "Forgot Your Password."
5. Enter the email address associated with your account and click "Send Email."
6. Within a few minutes, you should receive an email with instructions to reset your password. Click "Reset Password" and then enter a new password to complete the change.
When you change or reset your password, follow good security hygiene by creating a strong password. It should have a combination of upper- and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols, and the longer it is, the better.
Related coverage from Tech Reference :
- 'How secure is my password?': How to test the strength and security of your passwords using an online password-security tool
- 6 tips to create a strong password for any site, and keep your data secure
- Yes, password managers are safe here's why you should use them, and how they keep your data secure
- How often you should change your passwords, according to cybersecurity experts
- How to find all of your saved passwords on an iPhone, and edit or delete them
- How to change your name on Yahoo Mail and customize how people see your emails
- 'Why is Yahoo Mail not working?': 5 ways to fix Yahoo Mail if it freezes or won't send emails
- How to cancel your HBO Max subscription, no matter how you signed up for it
SEE ALSO: The best gaming PCs