- Luckily, if you ever need to change your PIN, either because you think it may have been compromised or you forgot it, you can do so in six steps.
- Here's how to change your PIN on Cash App .
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Cash App , by Square , is a convenient peer-to-peer money transfer app that allows you to exchange money with friends and family on your phone, without any actual money actually changing hands. Gone are the days of counting bills and divvying up change at restaurants if you and your friends have the Cash App then you're all set.
Of course, if you have an app that sends money to other people on your phone, it's reasonable to want to keep it extra protected. That's why the Cash App offers the option to either scan your fingerprint or enter a PIN before you send money to others. This setting can be turned on in the "Privacy and Security" section of your account.
However, it goes without saying that if you opt to use a PIN, there's a chance that you'll have to change it someday if it ever becomes compromised or you forget it. Luckily, the Cash App makes it very easy to change your PIN using your iPhone or Android .
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your Cash App PIN
2. Tap the Account icon of a person in a circle in the upper-right corner.
3. Tap "Privacy & Security," the second option on the account menu.
4. Under "SECURITY," tap "Change Cash PIN." Scan your finger or face to verify your identity if needed.
5. Enter your new PIN, and then confirm it.
6. You should get a text or email notifying you that your PIN has been changed.
Note that if you ever get one of these messages and you did not change your PIN, you should contact Square support immediately.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to unlink and delete your Cash App account on your iPhone
- 'Can you send money from PayPal to Cash App?': Not directly, but you can use your bank account here's how
- How to update your Venmo profile information on desktop or mobile
- 'Can you transfer money from Venmo to PayPal?': Not directly, but you can use your bank account here's how
- How to find your PayPal account and routing numbers to set up direct deposit, if you're eligible to use the feature
- How to get Google Maps to talk by enabling talk navigation on your mobile device
- How to send GIFs on Snapchat by attaching them to your photos or videos
- How to print emails from your iPhone using either the default Mail app or Gmail