- The process for changing a WhatsApp background is very similar on iPhone and Android .
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more .
WhatsApp is more customizable than your standard instant messenger, making it easy not only to customize your public profile but also to change settings in your app.
One way to customize WhatsApp is by changing the background of your chats. You can choose from pre-loaded pictures, solid colors, or your own photos.
Here's how to customize your WhatsApp background.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your WhatsApp background
2. In WhatsApp, find and tap on "Settings."
- On an iPhone , it's in the far right of the bottom menu bar.
- On an Android , click the three vertical dots in the top-right corner, and then tap "Settings."
3. Tap on "Chats."
4. Tap "Chat Wallpaper" on iPhone, or "Wallpaper" on Android.
5. Select an option:
- Tapping on "Wallpaper Library" will open a screen of preloaded wallpapers.
- Tapping on "Solid Colors" opens up a selection of color options.
- Tapping on "Photos" on iPhone or "Gallery" on Android allows you to load a wallpaper from your photo library.
6. Once you've chosen a new wallpaper, you'll be directed to a "Wallpaper Preview" screen. If you chose a photo, this is where you can adjust it to your liking.
7. When you're happy with your background, tap on "Set" in the bottom-right.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to video chat on WhatsApp using your iPhone or Android device
- How to delete a WhatsApp contact on your mobile device
- How to delete a WhatsApp group using your iPhone or Android device
- How to create a WhatsApp group using your iPhone or Android device
- How to manually add a contact to WhatsApp using your iPhone
- 'What is Uber Ride Pass?': How to save money on Uber rides by locking in your prices
- How to share your screen on Skype on desktop or mobile, and show others what's on your display
- How to share an Apple Music subscription between up to 6 people using the Family Sharing feature
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget