- To attach a file in an email with your iPhone's Mail app, you can use the new format bar feature with iOS 13 .
- You can also attach a file in your iPhone emails with the Gmail app.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Here's how to do it using two of the most common iPhone apps Apple's Mail app, which your iPhone comes equipped with, and Gmail , Google's third-party app that you can download in order to easily access its popular email platform.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to attach a file to an iPhone email in the Mail app
With every iOS update, there's yet another way Apple nudges us to be more productive in email.
The latest includes a new format bar, a user-friendly feature that makes it easy to add attachments to emails.
Here's how to do it:
1. Open the "Mail" app on your iPhone .
2. In the bottom right corner, press the square and pen icon to compose a new email.
3. When your cursor is in the body of the email field, you'll see a grey bar appear, much like texting. On the far right, next to the suggested words and phrases to start your email, there will be a backwards arrow sign. Tap it.
4. Tapping the arrow will pull up a range of email attachment options, including photos, documents, and even the option to attach a sketch or drawing.
How to attach a file to an iPhone email in the Gmail app
1. Download the Gmail app if you haven't already, which you can find in the App Store.
2. Open Gmail. Tap the colorful "+" icon to compose a new email.
3. The paper clip icon is what you'll tap to initiate the attachment process, located in the top right corner.
4. Several options will pop up for you to easily grab a file from your Camera Roll, Recent Attachments, or Google Drive.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to change your Wi-Fi network in the Control Center on an iPhone with iOS 13
- iOS 13 allows you to mute email threads in the Mail app on your iPhone here's how to do it
- iOS 13 has a new feature that limits the data usage on your iPhone here's how to use Low Data Mode
- How to copy and paste using gestures on an iPhone with iOS 13, and edit text in an instant
- How to set, edit, and delete reminders on an iPhone using the Reminders app
- How to add music to a video on your iPhone using the iMovie app, and choose from stock music or your own library
- 'Can I watch YouTube TV on Amazon Fire TV?': How to play YouTube TV and videos on your Amazon Fire TV device
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone for every type of person and budget