- An easy way to create a single colored line border around your document is to add a single-cell table to the page.
- You can also insert a bordered image and create a text box inside the image.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
This is evident if you try to create a document with a border that goes around the entire page which isn't directly supported, but can be done using a workaround.
There are two ways to make a page border in Google Docs .
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add a border in Google Docs using a table
The most popular way to add a border in Google Docs is to create a single-cell table that goes around the entire page.
1. In Google Docs, click "Insert" in the top menu.
2. Click "Table," and then click the upper-left square of the table, which creates a 1x1 cell on the page.
4. Click "Format," and then click "Table," followed by "Table Properties."
5. In the "Table properties" box, you can change the cell's color and thickness. You may also want to increase the cell padding, which puts more space between the border and the text on the page. When you're done, click "OK."
6. If you prefer, you can reduce the page margins so the border is closer to the edge of the page. Choose "File," then "Page setup," and reduce the margins on the top, bottom, left, and right.
How to add a border in Google Docs using an image
Another option is to insert a border image in the document, and add a text box inside it. This is a more aesthetically pleasing option, but is much more restrictive than using a one-cell table.
1. Click "Insert" in the top menu followed by "Drawing," and then "+ New."
2. Insert an image of a border that you want to use into the Drawing window. If you've copied it to the clipboard, you can simply paste it in. Otherwise, click the Image button in the toolbar and insert it that way.
- You can either insert an image from your computer, Google Drive, or a URL take a snapshot on your computer.
- You can also directly search for an image on the web by clicking "Search" and typing your keywords into the Google search bar at the top.
3. Once you have the image that you want, click "Select."
4. Click the Text Box button in the toolbar and create a text box inside the border.
5. Add the text you want to appear in the border. When you're done, click "Save and Close."
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- 'What is Google Authenticator?': How to set up Google's two-step verification software to secure all of your Google apps
- How to draw in Google Docs using the built-in 'Drawing' tool, to add customized drawings to your documents
- How to add a text box on a Google Docs page to make certain text stand out
- How to change the background color on Google Docs in 5 steps, to customize your documents
- How to convert a Word document to a Google Doc on desktop or mobile
- How to add bookmarks in Google Chrome on desktop or mobile
- How to turn off sleep mode on your Windows 10 device, or adjust the time it takes for it to turn on
- How to change your profile picture on Instagram using the mobile app or website
SEE ALSO: The best budget laptops