- The grocery delivery business first announced its partnership with Michele in January 2020.
- The singer last posted about HelloFresh on Instagram on May 20.
- "We take this very seriously, and have ended our partnership with Lea Michele, effective immediately," a HelloFresh spokesperson told Business Insider.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
HelloFresh has dropped its partnership with Lea Michele after former co-stars alleged that the "Glee" actor engaged bullying behavior on set.
Actor and singer Samantha Marie Ware, who appeared on "Glee" alongside Michele, took to Twitter to blast her former colleague for hypocrisy. Ware alleged that Michele engaged in "traumatic microaggressions."
Other actors, including "Glee" star Amber Riley and "Daybreak" actress Jeant Godlock also weighed in after Ware's initial post. Godlock alleged that Michele referred to background actors on-set as "cockroaches."
"HelloFresh does not condone racism nor discrimination of any kind," a HelloFresh spokesperson told Business Insider. "We are disheartened and disappointed to learn of the recent claims concerning Lea Michele. We take this very seriously, and have ended our partnership with Lea Michele, effective immediately."
The company also published its statement out on Twitter, in response to questions about Michele.
Representatives of Michele did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.According to a press release published on Business Wire , the grocery delivery business first announced its team-up with Michele in January 2020.
The singer last posted about HelloFresh on Instagram on May 20.
- Costco's free samples will be back by June, but they may not be the same after the coronavirus
- The CEO of Retro Fitness makes his case for why all gyms should be 'immediately opened,' as he warns of 'a self-imposed financial crisis'
- More than 3,600 stores are closing in 2020 as the retail apocalypse drags on. Here's the full list.