- Penn, who paid more than $200 for his ticket, was convinced that he was jinxing the team and their "only hope" was him leaving.
- After Penn left the stadium, the Chiefs had a massive comeback and ended up winning the AFC divisional playoff matchup 51-31.
- The Chiefs advanced to the AFC Championship, where they will play the Tennessee Titans on Sunday. The winning team will advance to the Super Bowl.
- Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes told Penn to "Watch the next game at home."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
A Kansas City Chiefs fan left Sunday's playoff game at the end of the first quarter as his team was losing 24-0, convinced his presence was jinxing the team.
The fan, who goes by "Big Buck Chuck on Twitter and was later identified by KSHB as Charles Penn , shared a video on Twitter as he walked out of Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, where the Chiefs were playing the Houston Texans in an AFC divisional playoff matchup.
He explained that the team's "only hope" at scoring a win would be if he left the stadium.
"I'm out of here so we can get this second-half comeback going, hopefully," Penn said in the video, which went viral. "Can't do it. I got to leave. It's the only hope. It might be true. Just don't know anymore, man."
And then the Chiefs started scoring. And scoring. And scoring. They ended up winning the game 51-31 .
Penn, who paid more than $200 for his ticket, told KSHB that the Chiefs' luck turned around as soon as he got home from the stadium.
"I got into the house, I see Darwin Thompson recovered a fumble," Penn said. "I said, 'Man, what the heck. I knew that was going to happen.'"
Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes had one piece of advice for Penn when he was mentioned at a post-game press conference: "Watch the next game at home."
Thanks to the win, the Chiefs advanced to the AFC Championship, where they will play the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.
The winning team will head to the Super Bowl.
Penn said he won't even make an appearance at the AFC Championship game.
"I'm sticking to my word," Penn told KSHB. "I'm gonna stay out of it."
- Read more:
- Aaron Rodgers delivered 2 clutch throws to beat the Seahawks, then said he was going to have a glass of scotch before preparing for the 49ers
- Patrick Mahomes threw a brilliant touchdown pass where he dragged his toe like a wide receiver to stay behind the line of scrimmage
- The Chiefs scored so many touchdowns in their historic comeback against the Texans, they ran out of fireworks
- Deshaun Watson silenced a Chiefs player's trash-talk by asking, 'Who's that?'
- NFL Divisional Round Our predictions for who wins the second round of the playoffs
- Chargers running back Justin Jackson has spent days slamming the media, condemning Trump, and criticizing Pete Buttigieg on Twitter
- Kevin Durant snapped back at a former teammate who said Russell Westbrook was the best player in Thunder history