- ESPN reports that Pryor was stabbed in the shoulder and chest, requiring surgery. Multiple sources told Pittsburgh's Action News 4 that a woman is in custody in connection with the stabbing.
- Pryor, who is from Jeannette, Pennsylvania, is currently a free agent. He most recently signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars and was released before the season after being placed on injured reserve.
- Pryor also played for the Browns, Raiders, Redskins, Jets, and Bills. He was a quarterback until 2015 and won the Big Ten Championship twice in college while playing for the Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
NFL wide receiver Terrelle Pryor is reportedly in critical condition after being stabbed in a Pittsburgh apartment complex Friday night. Multiple sources told Pittsburgh's Action 4 News that a woman is in custody in connection with the stabbing, and ESPN reports that Pryor was stabbed in the chest and shoulder, requiring surgery.
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler tweeted that a close friend of the Pryor family says he is expected to survive the stabbing, and is out of surgery but is being monitored closely by doctors and family.
Pryor is from Jeannette, Pennsylvania , which is less than an hour outside of Pittsburgh. He is currently a free agent in the NFL, and was last signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars, but was released before the season began after being placed on injured reserve.
In college, Pryor was a quarterback for the Ohio State Buckeyes and won the Big Ten Championship twice . He played as a quarterback for the Oakland Raiders for three seasons. After signing with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2015 and being released five weeks later, he switched his position to wide receiver.
Pryor played with the Cleveland Browns and finished the season with 77 receptions for 1,007 yards and four touchdowns. He also played for the Washington Redskins and last played six games for the New York Jets before he was released by the team.
- Read more:
- Jalen Ramsey and Marcus Peters got into a heated exchange after the Ravens stomped the Rams, and Ramsey had to be held back on his way to the locker room
- Another NFL receiver is publicly asking defenders to stop hitting so low
- Redskins quarterback Dwayne Haskins missed the final play of his first NFL win because he was taking selfies with fans
- Russell Wilson and the Seahawks bamboozled the Eagles with a trick play that ended in a glorious 33-yard touchdown
- Health officials are warning people to avoid romaine lettuce this Thanksgiving because of E.coli. Here's what to know.
- A New Jersey hospital accidentally transplanted a kidney into the wrong person because she had the same name as someone else on the organ waiting list
- Doctors found hundreds of tapeworms in a man's brain a month after he ate a pork hot pot he 'felt unsure about'