- This season's Heisman Trophy winner capped a historic season by throwing a perfect pass early in the fourth quarter to secure LSU's national championship victory against the Clemson Tigers .
- After the game, when Burrow was asked if he knew his ring size, he smiled and responded "10.5. We already got fitted for them."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
LSU Tigers quarterback Joe Burrow put the nail in the coffin against the Clemson Tigers in the 2020 national title game with a beautiful 24-yard touchdown pass to the corner of the end zone.
But instead of celebrating wildly, this season's Heisman Trophy winner walked off the field and coolly pointed at the finger where he'd put his championship ring.
The final score of the evening came with 12:08 to go in the fourth quarter of Monday night's College Football Playoff finale between this season's two undefeated programs. Wide receiver Terrace Marshall Jr. ran a clean route to the right side of the endzone, where Burrow delivered a perfect lofting pass to his inside shoulder.
The score extended LSU's lead to 17 points and kept the game out of reach for Trevor Lawrence and the ordinarily electric Clemson offense.
After the game, Burrow chuckled as an ESPN interviewer recalled the subtle celebration in front of the cameras. Then she asked the newly-minted national champion whether or not he knew his ring size.
"10.5," Burrow said, smiling. "We already got fitted for them."
- Read more:
- The Chiefs scored so many touchdowns in their historic comeback against the Texans that they ran out of fireworks
- 5 biggest winners and losers in college basketball this week
- Antonio Brown went on a profanity-laced tirade, threw penis candies at police, and then posted it all on Instagram
- Julian Edelman arrested on a charge of vandalism in Beverly Hills after big night out with Paul Pierce and Danny Amendola