Pulse.ng logo
Go

Sports Conor McGregor said he has the best job in the world — and he isn't talking about fighting

  • Published:

Conor McGregor has made his first statement on Instagram since his arrest in New York last week — but it has nothing to do with his charges or UFC.

Conor McGregor play

Conor McGregor

(Reuters)

  • Conor McGregor just said he has the best job in the world — and he isn't talking about fighting.
  • The Irish UFC star was arrested last week for an alleged attack on a UFC team bus.
  • However, his latest statement on Instagram indicates that life is still good.
  • He said he has the "best job in the world" looking after his family.

Frequent Instagrammer Conor McGregor has made his first statement on the platform since getting arrested last week — and it's to say he has the best job in the world.

However, the UFC fighter, a former two-weight world champion, was not talking about life in an octagon, but life as a family man.

McGregor, 29, has been a full-time professional mixed martial artist since 2008. In those 10 years he has won featherweight and lightweight titles in Cage Warriors, featherweight and lightweight titles in UFC, and has become the biggest pay-per-view attraction in the whole of MMA.

By his side with every step of his ascent to the top of the combat sports mountain has been Dee Devlin, his partner of 10 years. The Irish couple had their first child, Jack McGregor Jr, on May 5 2017 — just a few months before McGregor's landmark boxing rules bout against Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas.

McGregor regularly posts family photos on his official Instagram account. And, despite the global fallout from his well publicised arrest earlier this month, that trend continued on Thursday.

"I have the best job in the world looking after my family," he said. "If we all look after our own, we are all looked after."

McGregor is yet to make a comment since he was recorded on video attacking a UFC bus, throwing a guard rail, and starting a confrontation that led to two athletes requiring hospital treatment.

He turned himself in to police last week, was charged with three counts of assault and one of criminal mischief, but reportedly told his boss — UFC president Dana White — that the alleged attack "had to be done."

McGregor was released on a $50,000 bail after appearing in a New York City court on Friday. He was granted permission to travel outside the United States but has another court appearance on June 14.