- The six-time NFL Pro Bowler said he has a tryout for a kicking position with an XFL team and that he's "excited as hell" for the opportunity.
- The 42-year-old has some unofficial experience as a kicker and once drilled a 60-yard field goal in an appearance on Bleacher Report's "Gameday Gameshow."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Chad Ochocinco may have made his name as a prolific wide receiver in the NFL, but now he's taking his talents to a different league and a new position.
The six-time NFL Pro Bowler tweeted Tuesday that he has a tryout for a kicking position with an XFL team that "presented itself." He followed that up by noting that he was "excited as hell" and that "being able to compete for a spot at a entirely different position will be so riveting" regardless of whether or not he's actually successful.
As it turns out, the 42-year-old has some unofficial experience as a kicker. In an appearance on Bleacher Report's "Gameday Gameshow," Ochocinco drilled a 60-yard field goal to help a contestant win a bet. With some practice, it's not hard to imagine the Cincinnati Bengals great finding a second round of football success through his powerful boot.
Check out a video of the 60-yard shot below:
Ochocinco did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
- Read more:
- Joe Burrow threw a beautiful touchdown pass to cement LSU's national championship and celebrated by pointing at the finger where he'll wear his championship ring
- Joe Burrow and the LSU Tigers were scolded by a cop who didn't want them smoking cigars in the locker room after winning the national championship
- Antonio Brown went on a profanity-laced tirade, threw penis candies at police, and then posted it all on Instagram
- Tiger Woods caddied for his son, Charlie, at a junior golf event, and the 10-year-old's swing looks familiar