- Mexican cartel chief Joaquin " El Chapo " Guzman was found guilty on Tuesday for all counts of an indictment that included drug-trafficking, conspiracy, and use-of-firearms charges.
- Twin brothers Margarito and Pedro Flores, were two of El Chapo's closest henchmen and are credited with helping take down one of the most infamous narco-terrorists in the world.
- In the video above, the co-author of the book "Cartel Wives" tells us how her husband described El Chapo.
Margarito and Pedro Flores, twin brothers from Chicago, Illinois, are credited with helping take down one of the most infamous narco-terrorists in the world, Joaqun "El Chapo" Guzmn. Their wives, authors of the book " Cartel Wives ," reveal what El Chapo was really like. In 2015, the brothers were sentenced to 14 years in prison.
Following is a transcript of the video:
Cartel Wife: When they would go up to the mountains and they would come back, they would tell us, you know, that he took care of himself. He didn't do drugs himself. He didn't drink. He wanted to keep his mind and his body healthy. He would take vitamins. He was a very violent man so everybody was intimidated by him. He didn't have to yell. He would just study people and it's like he was looking right through them.
You know, he was just studying everything, every word they were saying because in this business, you know, nobody trusts anybody. But he had a soft side for my husband and my brother-in-law and I'm sure that they crushed him when they decided to cooperate and this is why he was extradited to the United States.
EDITOR'S NOTE: This video was originally published on October 26, 2017.
- The wives of high-level cocaine traffickers reveal how their husbands took down 'El Chapo'
- Inside the marriage of Bill and Melinda Gates, who met at work, live in a $124 million home, and will leave their children only a small fraction of their fortune
- Bill Gates is worth $96 billion and he plans to give most of it away here's how he spends his money now, from a luxury car collection to incredible real estate