- Several GOP officials on Tuesday offered scathing responses to
- The president's forceful defense of Saudi Arabia follows
- The statement has been
- "I’m pretty sure this statement is Saudi Arabia First, not America First," Sen. Rand Paul wrote on
- "I never thought I’d see the day a White House would moonlight as a public relations firm for the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia," Sen. Bob Corker tweeted.
- Saudi Arabia continues to distance its crown prince from the murder, but it may be too late.
Several GOP officials on Tuesday offered scathing responses to President Donald Trump's statement which appeared to side with Saudi Arabia over the brutal murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Several of Trump's top GOP allies, including Rand Paul and Lindsey Graham, criticised the president's
Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, who emerged this summer as one of the president's biggest allies on issues relating to Russia, slammed Trump's defense of Saudi Arabia.
an icon of the right, called for "serious sanctions" against Saudi Arabia, including members of the royal family.