- While the candidates duked it out over issues like healthcare, foreign policy, and prescription drug costs, the Bloomberg campaign went a different route and blew up the Twittersphere.
- Bloomberg's official Twitter account fired off dozens of tweets about meatballs, how many batteries he could stuff into his mouth, which Secret Service codename he should pick, the best part of the body to get a Bloomberg 2020 tattoo, which wild animal to let loose onto the debate stage, and more.
- Scroll down to read a sampling of the tweets.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg wasn't on stage at the seventh Democratic presidential debate in Iowa on Tuesday.
But that doesn't mean he didn't make a splash.
Bloomberg's campaign, which kicked off in November, was quite active on Twitter. While the six candidates on stage in Iowa duked it out over issues like healthcare, foreign policy, and prescription drug costs, the Bloomberg campaign went a different route.
Here's a sampling of tweets from the campaign's official account during the debate:
Let's not forget the fun facts about food.
And the polls.
The campaign's tweets drew mixed responses from the rest of the Twitterverse.
Some wondered if it had been hacked.
Others just enjoyed the ride.
In the end, The Washington Post confirmed Bloomberg's account had not been hacked after all.
- Bernie Sanders' and Elizabeth Warren's shaky truce erupted on stage at Tuesday's Democratic debate
- Michael Bloomberg is running for president in 2020. Here's everything we know about the candidate and how he stacks up against the competition.
- Elizabeth Warren confirms Bernie Sanders told her a woman could not win the presidency