- The Porsche Panamera Turbo S E- Hybrid Sport Turismo is all-new for 2018. It's a hybrid version of Porsche's first ever production wagon .
- Turbo S E-Hybrid is powered by a 550 horsepower, 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 along with a 136 horsepower hybrid drive unit to produce 680 horsepower.
- The hybrid drive system is inspired by the million-dollar 918 hybrid hypercar.
- According to Porsche , the hybrid V8 wagon can go from 0-60 mph in 3.4 seconds and reach a top speed of 192 mph.
- Once again, we were impressed by the Panamera's power, luxury, technology, and versatility. However, it wasn't as fast as we had expected and it's very pricey.
- The base Porsche Panamera sedan starts at $86,3000 while our Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo wagon starts at $188,400. Options and fees pushed the as-tested price up to $210,940.
The Porsche Panamera is one of our favorites here at Business Insider. In fact, the Panamera sedan won our 2017 Business Insider Car of the Year award .
But Porsche is not one to rest on its laurels. This company is known to offer its cars in a multitude of flavors. Right now, you can select from more than two dozen variations of the 911 sports car.
So it's not all that surprising when I tell you that there are 18 versions of the Panamera on sale in the US.
They range from the $86,300 base Panamera sedan to the Turbo S E-Hybrid Executive sedan with a starting price of $196,600. There is also a multitude of Sport Turismo wagon variants in the mix as well.
And power output ranges from a stout 330 horsepower in the base Panamera to a supercar-shaming 680 ponies in the Turbo S E-Hybrid.
Recently, we got a chance to experience "peak Panamera" for ourselves when Porsche dropped off a 2018 Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo wagon at Business Insider's suburban New Jersey road test center.
We ended up spending a week with the Sapphire Blue Metallic Panamera.
Our 2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo test car starts at $188,400. Options and fees pushed the as-tested price up to $210,940.
Here's a closer look at the 2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo.
- We drove the all-new $644,000 Rolls-Royce Phantom and were blown away by its opulence. Take a look inside.
- FedEx just slashed its 2019 forecast because of 'global economic uncertainty'
- Waze sold to Google for $1 billion but its CEO says the company owes more to Apple than anything
SEE ALSO: We drove a $246,000 Bentley Bentayga SUV to see if it's ready to do battle with Rolls-Royce and Lamborghini. Here's the verdict.
FOLLOW US: On Facebook for more car and transportation content!