- Polydrop has designed a personal on-the-go living space that was inspired by a spaceship.
- The interior includes a bed, outlets, storage units, a thermostat, and LED lights.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Polydrop has designed a trailer meant to serve as a personal on-the-go private space.
The spaceship-esque trailer has a one-room cabin with storage units, outlets, and an outdoor kitchenette, and a 48-inch by 75-inch bed that's 5.5 inches thick. There are also LED lights in the shelves above the legroom, and a thermostat, USB charging port, cigarette inlet, and voltage meter underneath it.
The aluminum-skinned trailer also has an 8.7-inch thick wall that protects it from harsh weather, including snow.
While building the previous 2019 model, an insulation test was done in Big Bear, California with a wall that was five inches thinner. The outside temperature hit 35.2 degrees Fahrenheit, but the room temperature inside the trailer without the heater on was 59.9 degrees Fahrenheit.
"What I've designed was not meant to be a camping trailer, but more as a private space that you can travel with," Polydrop founder and CEO Kyunghyun Lew said in a prepared statement.
Take a look at the trailer, which now has four 2020 models:
- This enormous 262-foot 'hybrid' superyacht will have an onboard spa and whiskey lounge
- Aston Martin's first-ever SUV will have outrageously luxurious options like a portable pet washer
- I tried both Amtrak's new food service and its traditional dining car, and now I understand why people were so upset about the change
SEE ALSO: This custom tiny home on wheels was made from a Ford Transit van