- AirlineRatings revealed its picks for the world's 20 safest airlines in 2020.
- Asian-Pacific, Middle Eastern and European carriers dominated the list.
- US carriers accounted for only two entries on the list.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Despite recent events including the crash of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752 and two Boeing 737 Max aircraft crashes in 2018, air travel via commercial airlines is still widely regarded as one of the safest forms of travel. In 2019, only 14 airliner aircraft suffered fatal crashes out of over 39 million flights, Forbes reported.
AirlineRatings recently unveiled its list of the 20 safest airlines for 2020, which it creates with the help of industry professionals. The list takes into account more than just accidents with factors such as "safety, innovation, and launching of new aircraft" affecting an airline's ranking.
Here's which airlines the website believes to be the safest in the skies this year.
- The 16 most outrageous things Boeing employees said about the company, 737 Max program, and each other in released internal emails
- It took me 24 hours to fly from Guam to New York, but I figured out how to make the 3-leg trip more bearable
- The Boeing 737 that crashed in Iran wasn't a Max plane here are the main differences between the two aircraft