- The air-travel website AirHelp has released a ranking of 133 major airports across the world.
- The airports were evaluated on criteria like customer service, cleanliness, on-time performance, and the food and shopping options available to travelers.
- AirHelp selected airports that are the" best known and most used" for its rankings while leaving out airports for which data was unavailable.
- Eight of the 10 airports that received the lowest scores are located in Europe.
The air-travel website AirHelp has released a ranking of major airports around the world.
The list includes 133 airports evaluated on criteria like customer service, cleanliness, on-time performance, and the food and shopping options available to travelers. Airports were given an overall score on a 10-point scale, with on-time performance accounting for 60% of the score, service quality accounting for 20%, and food and shopping options representing 20%.
"We chose the airports based on the best known and most used airports - but we exclude airports that we are unable to get data for," AirHelp said in an explanation of its methodology.
Eight of the 10 airports that received the lowest scores are located in Europe. One airport from Asia and one from North America also made the list.
These are the world's 10 worst airports, according to AirHelp.
- Angry JetBlue customers are slamming the airline after the company was hit with a software outage and flights were delayed
- Hundreds of TSA agents will be sent to the border this summer to help immigration officials as the influx of migrants skyrockets to a 12-year high and the agency reportedly just gave a cryptic warning about what the staffing shortage will mean for security during the busy travel season
- You can no longer buy a $35,000 Tesla Model 3 the price just went up
SEE ALSO: Frustrated US lawmakers tear into safety officials over the government's slow response to 2 Boeing 737 Max crashes
FOLLOW US: On Facebook for more car and transportation content!