- The TWA Hotel at New York's JFK Airport has debuted a 1960s ski lodge-themed rooftop bar for the winter season.
- TWA Hotel opened in May 2019 on the site of the former Trans World Airline terminal, which operated from 1962 to 2001. It is the only hotel located on the grounds of JFK.
- The Runway Chalet at the Pool Bar is adjacent to TWA's heated rooftop infinity pool, boasts vintage ski decor, and offers a seasonal menu that includes spiked hot chocolate and fondue.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Flight delays due to bad weather are unfortunate, but less so at JFK's TWA Hotel.
The appropriately-named "Weather Delay," one of the custom cocktails served at TWA's brand new ski-themed rooftop getaway, helps take the edge off interrupted travel plans. The bar's classic and specialty house cocktails are $16 each, according to recent visitors .
Runway Chalet at the Pool Bar , designed to resemble a '60s-era ski lodge, beats waiting in your run-of-the-mill airport lounge, too.
Take a look at TWA's new rooftop chalet bar:
- Here's the typical home price in every state and what you can actually get for that money
- The hottest destination for RV travelers right now is a 200-acre park with natural springs in northern Florida, and it's becoming Instagram-famous for its unbelievably clear water
- I spent 3 days in the most expensive ski town in the US, where a lift ticket costs $184 a day and I was surprised to find that not everything there catered to the 1%