- Ten cities account for 18.9% of the world's ultra-wealthy population, according to Wealth-X's 2019 World Ultra Wealth Report .
- The report defines the world's ultra-wealthy population as those with $30 million or more in net worth .
- The US has six cities on the list.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Where are the world's richest people living?
You can find 18.9% of the global ultra-wealthy population across 10 cities, according to Wealth-X's 2019 World Ultra Wealth Report . The report analyzed data from Wealth-X's global database of more than one million records of the world's richest people.
It defines the world's ultra-wealthy population as those with $30 million or more in net worth.
The number of ultra-wealthy among the top ultra-high-net-worth cities dropped by nearly 90 individuals thanks to a steep decline in Hong Kong but the remaining nine cities averaged a 2.6% growth rate.
Six of the top cities on the list are in the US, two are in Europe, and two are in Asia.
Here are the cities worldwide which have the biggest ultra-wealthy populations, ranked in ascending order. Note that Hong Kong was included on both Wealth-X's top cities and top countries lists, as it's a semi-autonomous, special administrative region of China.
- Here's what it's like to attend the Monaco Yacht Show in a country where the poverty rate is 0 when you are not a millionaire
- 13 billionaires who dropped out of college before making their fortunes
- 4 billionaire sisters with stakes in the world's largest food company all tumbled from the list of the richest Americans in the last year