- The 2020 Honda Civic Type R made its US debut at the Chicago Auto Show last week.
- For 2020, the hot hatch gets suspension updates that improve both performance and comfort on the road, according to Honda.
- Honda also redesigned the grille for better cooling, and removed some of the Type R's fake mesh air vents.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
The Honda Civic Type R controversial for its in-your-face styling but lauded for its performance is getting some important updates for 2020.
The latest iteration of Honda's hot hatchback debuted stateside at the Chicago Auto Show last week alongside several other new models and model trims , including the 2021 Jaguar F-Type , the Jeep Gladiator Mojave , and the 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid .
For 2020, Honda's trusty, track-focused Type R the "R" stands for "racing" receives tweaks to its suspension, cooling, and styling. Aside from that, most things remain the same.
Here's all that's new on the 2020 Civic Type R.
- Jeep built its new 'Desert-Rated' Gladiator to tackle the world's harshest off-road conditions
- Hyundai's new Sonata Hybrid has a solar roof that offers up to 700 'free' miles of driving per year here's what the rest of the car is capable of
- Airline workers reveal how they're dealing with being on the front lines of the coronavirus outbreak as it spreads around the world