- The Kremlin is a fortified complex in the center of Moscow , Russia, made up of more than 15 buildings, 20 towers, and more than 1.5 miles of walls that are up to 21 feet thick.
- Since 1991, it's been the official residence of Russia's president , currently President Vladimir Putin.
- The complex is protected by an elite military regiment whose members must be able to hear a whisper from 20 feet away.
- On a recent trip to Russia , I visited the Kremlin. I had always imagined the Kremlin being full of administrative buildings, but instead I found beautiful palaces, cathedrals, museums, and gardens.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
The Moscow Kremlin is a fortified complex in the center of the city made up of more than 15 buildings, 20 towers, and more than 1.5 miles of walls that are up to 21 feet thick. It's the official residence of President Vladimir Putin , although he doesn't actually live there.
While there are actually many kremlins throughout Russia, Moscow's is, by far, the most famous.
On a recent trip to Russia, I paid $10.50 for a ticket to visit a section of the Kremlin. Here's what it looks like inside.
- A day in the life of a Russian diamond miner in Siberia, who wakes up at 5:30 a.m., spends 9 hours a day in the mine, and gets 76 vacation days a year
- I visited 2 very different luxury resorts in Jackson Hole, and the contrast between them helped explain why the area has become such a hotspot for celebs, CEOs, and the ultrawealthy
- The investment firm founded by Hong Kong's richest man, Li Ka-shing, just bought the biggest pub and brewery chain group in the UK here's his incredible rags-to-riches life story