- Interbrand, a marketing consulting company,has released its ranking of the top global brands of 2019 .
- For the second consecutive year, luxury and retail comprise the fastest growing sector, with an average brand value growth of 11% year-over-year.
- Louis Vuitton takes the top spot as the world's most valuable luxury brand, while Gucci was the fastest growing luxury brand, with a 23% increase in brand value since 2018.
- V isit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Marketing consulting company Interbrand has released its list of 2019's top global brands . The ranking revealed that for the second consecutive year, luxury and retail comprise the fastest growing sector outpacing even technology with an average growth rate of 11%.
In order to estimate a brand's valuation, Interbrand analyzes the financial performance or services of a brand, the role a brand has in purchase decisions, and a brand's competitive strength compared to other brands within its sector.
As result, the analysis found that the top nine luxury companies have a combined brand value of roughly $117.784 billion.
The top luxury brand in the world is Louis Vuitton, with a $32.223 billion brand valuation and 14% year-over-year growth. In addition, Gucci was noted as being the fastest growing luxury brand in the world, with a growth rate of 23%.
Keep reading to find out which brands dominated the luxury sector this past year.
- Taylor Swift's first album came out 13 years ago today. From bicoastal mansions to lavish vacations, see how the superstar spends her $360 million-plus fortune.
- An Italian designer debuted a pair of heels reportedly worth $20 million, made of solid gold, 30 carats of diamonds, and meteorite and he claims they're 'the most expensive shoes in the world'
- The 18 countries with the most millionaires, ranked