- Skytrax announced the winner of its annual World Airport Awards on Wednesday at the Passenger Terminal Expo in London, England.
- Singapore's Changi Airport was named the World's Best Airport for the seventh consecutive year.
- It's one of the busiest hubs in Asia and is home to Singapore Airlines .
- Airports from Asia and Europe dominated the top 15 spots.
Skytrax announced the winner of its annual World Airport Awards on Wednesday at the Passenger Terminal Expo in London, England.
The UK-based international air transport rating agency named gave Singapore's Changi Airport the top prize for the seventh consecutive year . This marks another clean sweep for the Southeast Asian city-state, as Changi Airport-based Singapore Airlines is the current Skytrax airline of the year.
"Changi Airport is honored to again be named Worlds Best Airport," Lee Seow Hiang, Changi Airport Group CEO, said in a statement. "We thank our passengers for their continued support. Their vote of confidence motivates us in our pursuit of service excellence and pushes us to continue redefining what an airport can be."
In the same statement, Skytrax CEO Edward Plaisted said, "to be voted the Worlds Best Airport for the seventh consecutive year is a truly fabulous achievement for Changi Airport, and this award continues to underline the airports popularity with international air travelers."
Changi is one of Southeast Asia's largest transit hubs and is a major cog in Singapore's bustling economy.
The facility is world-famous for its beautiful architecture, efficient operation, luxurious amenities, and plentiful dining and shopping options.
Read more : RANKED: The 20 best airlines in the world .
Once again, Asia dominated the top of end of the rankings, taking the top six spots. European airports also performed well taking, seven of the top 15 spots. No airports from North America, South America, Australia, or Africa made it into the top 15.
The highest ranking US airports are Denver International in 32nd position followed by Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International at 36.
The Skytrax annual rankings are based on the impressions of millions of flyers from over 100 countries. More than 550 airports were included in the survey, which covers 39 service and performance parameters , including facility comfort, the location of bathrooms, and the language skills of the airport staff.
Here's a closer look at the other airports that made it to the top of the prestigious Skytrax list:
- 7 ways to make your car last longer and save you money
- A Southwest Boeing 737 Max headed for storage in the desert just made an emergency landing in Florida
- 9 things you didn't realize AAA will help you with