- T. Boone Pickens, the famed oil prospector and famed hedge-fund founder, died on Wednesday, September 11 at age 91 .
- He was the owner of Mesa Vista Ranch, one of the most expensive properties in America .
- In 2017, he put the ranch on the market for $250 million . No one has bought it yet.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
T. Boone Pickens, a famous oil prospector, hedge fund founder, and philanthropist, passed away on September 11 at age 91 .
In 2017, he made headlines for listing his 100-square-mile ranch in the Texas Panhandle, northeast of Amarillo, for a whopping $250 million.
Keep reading for a look inside.
- Mark Cuban, who just sold a majority stake in his two cable networks, owns a $19 million Laguna Beach vacation home with walls that open up to views of the Pacific Ocean. Here's a look inside.
- Alicia Keys is the previously unnamed buyer who dropped $20.8 million on a California mansion that's been compared to Tony Stark's home in 'Iron Man.' Take a look inside the clifftop house.
- Golf homes are making a comeback in the US by resorting to the same tactic luxury apartment buildings are leaning into: a wide and wild array of amenities
SEE ALSO: A private island 60 miles outside of Manhattan just hit the market for less than $1 million, and it comes with a 4-bedroom home take a look inside the property.
DON'T MISS: Bruce Willis' Turks and Caicos compound just sold at a 20% price cut and even with the price cut, it's still the second-most expensive home sale in the country's history