- Located in Aspen, Colorado , Red Mountain nicknamed "Billionaire Mountain" is home to the rich and famous.
- Everyone from Walmart heiress Ann Walton Kroenke to Jeff Bezos ' parents have houses there.
- Billionaire Mountain boasts record-breaking real-estate that sells for as much as $49 million .
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Aspen, Colorado , is America's most expensive ski town but it gets even pricier the more skyward you get.
Towering over Aspen is Red Mountain, also known as "Billionaire Mountain." It's home to high-end real-estate, complete with sales prices as high as $49 million , staggering square footage, and scenic views of downtown Aspen and the surrounding mountains.
It's a haven for the one-percent. From candy mogul William Wrigley Jr. to casino magnate Neil Bluhm, many notable names have a home there.
Here's a glimpse at what life (and real estate) is like on Billionaire Mountain.
- Billionaire David Koch owned at least $143 million of real estate in NYC, the Hamptons, Aspen, and Florida. Take a look at his lavish homes, from a $40 million Manhattan townhouse to a 13-bedroom Palm Beach villa.
- An 18th-century castle linked to the beheaded Mary, Queen of Scots has its own tavern and a cinema and it's on the market for $9.7 million. Here's what the renovated property looks like.
- A 'mountain' towering over Los Angeles, once listed for $1 billion and scoped out by Jeff Bezos, has finally sold for just $100,000