- Forbes released its 2019 edition of the Forbes 400 list , which ranks the richest billionaires in America.
- In order to make the Forbes list, individuals had to have a minimum net worth of $2.1 billion.
- The youngest billionaire on the list, Snapchat cofounder Evan Spiegel , is just 29.
- The 15 richest, youngest billionaires in America are worth a collective $146.9 billion.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Some people don't need to spend a lifetime building wealth .
Forbes just dropped its annual Forbes 400 list , which ranks and profiles the richest American billionaires, worth a total of $2.96 trillion. The youngest on the list Evan Spiegel, co-founder of Snapchat is just 29.
And that doesn't include all of the youngest billionaires in the US while Kylie Jenner may be called the youngest self-made billionaire ever, her estimated $1 billion net worth didn't make the cut. In fact, a record 221 American billionaires didn't make the list. The minimum net worth required to make this list is $2.1 billion .
To see how Forbes determined who made the Forbes 400, you can view their full methodology here . We narrowed that list down to look at the 15 youngest, richest billionaires on the list, who are worth a collective $146.9 billion.
All net worths are current estimates as of October 2, 2019. The full list below is ranked by age. In cases where two billionaires are the same age, they are ranked in ascending order of wealth.
- The 5 richest men in the US have a staggering combined wealth of $435.4 billion. That's more than 2% of America's GDP.
- Franois Pinault just gave $109 million to help rebuild the Notre-Dame. Meet the French billionaire who owns Christie's and founded the luxury giant behind Gucci.
- The top 10 countries with the most ultra-wealthy people, ranked
SEE ALSO: The richest person at every age
DON'T MISS: Mark Zuckerberg spent almost $60 million on 2 waterfront estates in Tahoe last winter. Here's a look at the 10 properties he owns across the US, from a modest Palo Alto home to a Hawaiian plantation