- Kanye West has surpassed Jay-Z to become the highest-paid hip-hop artist in the world , Forbes reported.
- West has brought in an estimated $150 million in 2019 , which is almost double the approximately $81 million Jay-Z (a distant No. 2) brought in the same year.
- While West's exact net worth is unknown, estimates range between $240 million and $1 billion.
- The majority of West's fortune comes not from his music, but from his footwear and apparel brand, Yeezy , which is expected to top $1.5 billion in sales in 2019, according to Forbes .
- The hip-hop artist spends his millions on luxury cars; lavish gifts for his wife, Kim Kardashian West , and their children; and an impressive real-estate portfolio that includes a $14 million Wyoming ranch.
Kanye West has surpassed Jay-Z to become the highest-paid person in hip-hop , Forbes reported.
West has made an estimated $150 million in 2019 almost double Jay-Z's $81 million, according to Forbes. The publication looked at pretax income from June 2018 to June 2019 before deducting fees for agents, managers, and lawyers.
But the majority of West's fortune doesn't come from his music, Forbes reported. His footwear and apparel brand, Yeezy, is expected to bring in more than $1.5 billion in sales in 2019.
Here's a look at how West has built and spends his multimillion-dollar fortune.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's former Soho apartment just hit the market for $4.7 million. Take a look inside.
- Kim Kardashian West shares the first peek inside the massive Wyoming ranch Kanye West just bought for $14 million
- America is swept up in tiny-house fever here's how much it'll actually cost to build one of your own