- Britney Spears ' net worth is $59 million, according to financial documents .
- But she hasn't legally controlled her fortune in nearly 12 years her dad and a lawyer oversee her finances as part of a court-approved conservatorship implemented in 2008.
- Spears drops big on personal grooming and real estate. Target seems to be her favorite place to shop: She made 80 trips to the chain in one year.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Britney Spears is a pop icon.
The singer "spearheaded the rise of post-millennial teen pop" and is "one of the most successful artists of all time," according to Rolling Stone , which also listed her as one of the top people who defined the millennial generation .
But Spears' time in the limelight hasn't always been positive. She stirred controversy after several public mental breakdowns and was put on a court-approved conservatorship in 2008 .
That put her estate, financial assets, and some personal assets under control of her father and a lawyer. Financial records are required to be disclosed as part of Spears' conservatorship, so her fortune and spending habits are well documented to the public.
According to most recent financial documents, Spears currently has a $59 million net worth . And while she loves to drop money on beauty, clothes, and real estate, she also favors everyday stores like Target and is actively involved in charity.
Here's how Spears makes and spends her fortune.
- The richest people in Singapore, ranked
- Cristiano Ronaldo was the 2nd highest-paid athlete on the planet in 2019. Here's how he makes and spends his millions.
- The hottest destination for RV travelers right now is a 200-acre park with natural springs in northern Florida, and it's becoming Instagram-famous for its unbelievably clear water
SEE ALSO: Beyonc just gave a rare interview with Elle about motherhood and self-care. Here's how she spends her $400 million fortune, from yachting vacations to a private jet for Jay-Z.
DON'T MISS: Taylor Swift just turned 30, and she's already worth at least $360 million. Here's how the pop superstar makes and spends her ever-growing fortune.