- A Connecticut mansion once owned by President Donald Trump and his then-wife, Ivana, is back on the market for $38.5 million , The Wall Street Journal reported.
- That's a 29% discount from its onetime asking price of $54 million.
- During the couple's divorce , Ivana got the Greenwich house and later sold it for $15 million in 1998.
- The current owners have been trying to sell the home since 2009 and were asking $54 million for it in 2014 .
- The six-acre estate includes a 19,773-square-foot, eight-bedroom mansion , indoor and outdoor pools, a putting green, tennis courts, a guest house, and staff apartments.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
A Connecticut mansion once owned by President Donald Trump and then-wife Ivana is back on the market for $38.5 million a 29% discount from its $54 million asking price in 2014, The Wall Street Journal reported.
In the early 1980s, the Trumps bought the Greenwich mansion for $4 million, according to The Wall Street Journal . The home's current owners, financier Robert Steinberg and his wife, Suzanne, purchased the home from Ivana in 1998.
After Trump and Ivana divorced in the early '90s, the home went to Ivana who sold it to the Steinbergs for $15 million. The former listing agent, Tamar Lurie of Coldwell Banker, told The Journal in 2018 that when the Steinbergs moved in, there was much more gold decor : "When Donald and Ivana had it, they had it decorated very lavishly," Lurie said.
The Steinbergs have since redecorated and have been trying to sell the home off and on since 2009, according to the Journal. It was originally asking $50 million, and then $54 million when it was relisted in 2014. The most recent asking price was $45 million earlier this spring.
The most recent price cut comes during a tough time for Greenwich real estate. People are no longer buying Greenwich's sprawling, iconic mansions at the same rate they used to, Bloomberg recently reported. Buyers are moving more toward smaller condos, leaving many larger homes sitting on the market.
The listing for the former Trump home is now held by Joseph Barbieri of Sotheby's International Realty.
Take a look inside the Greenwich estate that Donald and Ivana Trump once called home.
- Take a look inside the pair of twisting glass towers in NYC that's drawing attention from international billionaire buyers, from Jeff Bezos to New Zealand's richest person
- An inside look at 6 of the extreme methods Los Angeles real-estate brokers are using to get the city's glut of mega-mansions off the market
- Forget San Francisco these 6 global cities have thriving tech hubs that could make them the next Silicon Valley