- Jeff Bezos is the richest person in the world.
- The Amazon CEO is worth an estimated $121 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index .
- Here are nine mind-blowing facts that show just how wealthy Bezos really is, from how much money he makes per second to how much richer he is than the British royal family.
- Visit Business Insider'shomepagefor more stories.
Jeff Bezos is the richest person on the planet. Worth an estimated $121 billion, the Amazon CEO is $16 billion richer than the world's next-richest person , Bill Gates.
Bezos even retained his ranking as the world's richest person following his divorce from MacKenzie Bezos, after which she kept a 4% stake in Amazon worth roughly $35.7 billion, making her the third-richest woman in the world.
Although his annual salary is only $81,840 , most of Bezos' wealth comes from his Amazon shares. The world's richest man makes $2,489 per second more than twice what the median US worker makes in one week, according to calculations by Business Insider.
Here are nine mind-blowing facts that show just how wealthy Bezos really is.
- What it's like to be a billionaire in Tel Aviv, one of the most expensive cities in the world, where old wealth and new tech money live side by side
- 50 of the most successful people in the world
- I traveled the world for a year and here are the 21 best travel tips I can give you
DON'T MISS: Jeff Bezos is reportedly looking to buy an NYC apartment. Here's a look at the 6 massive properties his family already owns across the US, from a sprawling Seattle estate to a set of historic NYC condos