- Holiday travel can be stressful, but a little bit of preparation can make trips easier.
- A lot of people focus on the outbound part of the trip, but flying home can be even more hectic, with bigger crowds and longer lines.
- In fact, more Americans are expected to fly the Sunday after Thanksgiving this year (December 1) than on the Wednesday before the holiday (November 27).
- Here are 6 tips to help you make any flight home after the holidays an easy experience.
- Sign up for Business Insider's transportation newsletter, Shifting Gears, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
- Blizzards, heavy winds, and a 'bomb cyclone' are freezing Thanksgiving travel around the US here's what you need to know about flight delays, cancellations, and waivers
- These are the airlines most likely to bump you
- Shifting Gears: Thanksgiving travel headaches, Amazon's trucking rates revealed, and Ford stares down Tesla.
SEE ALSO: Airlines are joining in on Black Friday and Cyber Monday with major flight sales here's how you can save