- Not as many Hollywood celebrities are billionaires as you might think.
- Film directors and television personalities dominate the list but it doesn't contain anyone who has built a career solely off acting .
- Many of Hollywood's billionaires made their fortunes from business ventures.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A lot of actors and musicians are extremely wealthy but fewer than you might think are billionaires.
What sets these five billionaire entertainers and studio executives apart from their peers is not only that they excelled in the industry, but they leveraged their success to make investments that provide significant income beyond their salaries.
Hollywood's billionaires' club may not stay small for long, however, as more and more stars launch their own clothing and beauty lines. Two celebrities Kylie Jenner and Jay-Z have already become billionaires in 2019 alone.
Keep reading for a look at five Hollywood celebrities who are also billionaires.
- Rihanna is the world's richest female musician from yachting trips on the French Riviera to a staff that includes a chef and personal trainers, see how she spends her $600 million fortune
- Meet Masayoshi Son, the billionaire founder of SoftBank and one of the richest men in Japan, who has a $16.3 billion fortune and owns a $117.5 million Silicon Valley estate
- A 13-bedroom mansion in Scotland that used to be a prison is on the market for $3.3 million here's a look inside the renovated home