- Cronos , the Canadian cannabis producer, was up almost 14% Monday after getting an endorsement from "Mad Money" host Jim Cramer.
- After Friday's closing bell, Cramer said the company was the "second best" in the industry, behind Canopy Growth .
- Back in December, the cigartte maker Altria invested 2.4 billion Canadian dollars ($1.8 billion) in Cronos.
- Watch Cronos trade live .
The Canadian cannabis producer Cronos was soaring Monday, up almost 14%, after getting an endoresement following Friday's closing bell from "Mad Money" host Jim Cramer.
"They've got a very important tie-up with Altria," Cramer said during his "Lightning Round." "We have been recommending, just so you know, that Canopy CGC is the best. But Cronos is second best and it's been a fantastic stock. It has very good management, by the way."
In December, the cigarette giant Altria invested 2.4 billion Canadian dollars ($1.8 billion) in Cronos in an effort to diversify away from its cigarette business.
"Altria is the ideal partner for Cronos Group, providing the resources and expertise we need to meaningfully accelerate our strategic growth," Cronos CEO Mike Gorenstein said in a press release at the time.
"The proceeds from Altria's investment will enable us to more quickly expand our global infrastructure and distribution footprint, while also increasing investments in R&D and brands that resonate with our consumers."
And last February, Cronos became the first company that grows and sells marijuana to be listed on a US exchange , paving the way for others in the industry.
Cronos has been red-hot in 2019, up more than 76% including Monday's gain. It was trading near $18.25 a share.
- The IRS is now accepting tax returns. Here's what you can expect when filing under the new tax law.
- Southwest is running an unheard-of deal for its credit cards you'll get the coveted Companion Pass simply by opening one
- This $11 clay mask that has over 14,00 5-star reviews on Amazon is the only thing that has helped clear up my skin