- Capital One Venture and Spark Miles users can transfer their miles to JetBlue 's frequent flyer program starting today.
- For the month of May, Capital One will offer a 50% bonus on top of the usual 2:1 transfer ratio, meaning that for every 1,000 Capital One miles you transfer, you'll get 750 JetBlue miles.
- If you're looking to earn more transferable Capital One miles, the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card currently offers 50,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months.
- The Capital One Spark Miles for Business offers 50,000 miles when you spent $4,500 in the first three months
At the very end of last year, Capital One brought its travel rewards program in line with long-time top contenders like Chase and AmEx by introducing transferability to the Venture and Spark Miles cards. Every mile you earned with the cards which earn 2x miles on every dollar spent could still be redeemed to "erase" travel purchases, but could also be transferred to any of 14 airline frequent flyer partners.
Wednesday, May 1, Capital One announced a 15th partner and its first domestic US airline partner.
Starting right away, Capital One miles cardholders can transfer their miles to JetBlue's TrueBlue frequent flyer program.
Additionally, for the month of May, Capital One is offering a 50% bonus on miles transferred to JetBlue. Normally, they can be transferred at a 2:1 ratio, where every two Capital One miles will equal one JetBlue mile. During the promotion, the ratio will be effectively 2:1.5. In context, 1000 Capital One miles will equal 750 JetBlue miles during the introductory bonus, and 500 miles when transferred after that.
While Chase's Ultimate Rewards program transfers miles to programs including JetBlue at a 1:1 ratio, Capital One's advantage is that you earn 2x mile per dollar on everything. Chase cards like the Chase Freedom Unlimited earn 1.5x points (marketed as 1.5% cash back) on everything; the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 2x miles on dining and travel and 1x on everything else, while the Chase Sapphire Reserve offers 3x points on the same bonus categories.
This is Capital One's second-ever transfer bonus. In March, the program offered a 100% bonus on miles transferred to Emirates' Skywards frequent flyer program.
JetBlue will join Emirates and Singapore Airlines in the 2:1 transfer ratio tier; the other 12 transfer partners are all at a 1.5:1 ratio.
The Capital One Venture is a formidable rewards card, offering 10x miles per dollar spent at Hotels.com (when the reservation is made through Hotels.com/Venture ), and 2x miles per dollar on everything else.
Plus, you can earn a sign-up bonus of 50,000 Capital One miles when you spend $3,000 in your first three months with the card.
If you own a small business or even if you have a solo side gig the Capital One Spark Miles for Business offers 50,000 miles when you spent $4,500 in the first three months.
Click here to learn more about the Capital One Venture from Insider Picks' partner: The Points Guy.
Click here to learn more about the Capital One Spark Miles from Insider Picks' partner: The Points Guy.
Click here to learn more about the Capital One Spark Miles for Business from Insider Picks' partner: The Points Guy.
- One of the best hotel credit card offers we've ever seen is about to end in a matter of hours
- As time runs out on Marriott's 100,000-point credit-card offer, the hotel chain is preparing to announce a new way to use those points
- Marriott's new Airbnb-style program will bring a huge perk from the hotel world into the home-sharing market