- Since then, he has been absent from several high-profile events in China.
- Liu didn't show up to the World Internet Conference on Wednesday.
- JD.com shares fell almost 7%.
Last month, Liu was not among the top business leaders invited to meet with Xi at a symposium. In late September, Liu also didn't appear at the AI World 2018 conference in Shanghai.
Liu, through his attorney, has denied any wrongdoing.
Liu's net worth sank has plunged 34% this year to $6.2 billion, as JD.com shares have fallen sharply since peaking in January. Liu fell from the 16th place to 30th on Forbes' recently published list of China's richest people.
JD.com was down 48% this year through Thursday.
- JD.com CEO plunged from 16th to 30th richest man in China after being arrested in the US over a rape accusation
- A Chinese tech billionaire has been accused of plying a student with drink and then forcing himself on her during a trip to the US