Bananas may have high calorie content but they're rich in several other nutrients which more than makes up for this.
We love bananas for a bunch of reasons - they're rich in nutrients and can be eaten in a variety of ways.
While they're high in calories which make them less than ideal for dieters, they more than make up for this with their rich potassium and calcium content which is great for the heart and bones.
Here are 5 more reasons why you should eat bananas everyday.
- Fight depression: Bananas contain a high level of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin - the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter. Translation if you're feeling a little blue, have a banana for an instant lift of spirits.
- Energy-giving: If you're having a slow day at work, bananas are the perfect snack as it packs an energy punch while sustaining the blood sugar level.
- Reduces chances of stroke: Bananas are rich in potassium which helps lower blood pressure reducing the chances of a stroke or heart attack.
- Aids digestions: Bananas also stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel while also producing digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients. In additions, they're great for constipation and ulcers.
- Makes you smarter: Yep, you read that right. Bananas are rich in potassium which makes one more alert and also is good for the brains.